In this tutorial we create a Grid of articles with title, image thumbnails, trimmed body and read more link to the content. We Rewrite the body field so we can trim it and add read more link using content path as a token.
Note: the video has a lot more explanations and examples.
Change The List To Grid
- Click the Unformatted list in the FORMAT section:
- Change the format to grid and Select Number of columns to 3.
Now it looks like this:
- Click the content link and change it to Fields:
- Hit Apply.
Now we see just the titles:
- Add Path, Image and Body fields.
- Path field: check Exclude from display.
We don’t want the Path field to show, but we want to use it as a token.
- Click the down arrow and Rearrange the Path field on top:
By ordering the Path field on top we can use it as a token for other fields (for a body field in this case.)
- Image field: change the Image style to Thumbnail and Link image to Content:
- Body field: under REWRITE RESULTS set the Trim settings:
The view so far:
Grid of articles with title, image thumbnails, trimmed body and read more link to the content.
Posted by Samuli Natri on 23 November 2015