We make the view available only for administrators, show a summary in the header and add a contact block for the footer. There is a no result behavior and the pager is a little more compact.
We already set the Path to /home when we created the view and we don't have to add the Menu item because this views page was earlier set as default homepage which already has a menu item called Home.
Let's restrict this view just for Administrators.
- Click the Permission link in PAGE SETTINGS section and set the Role as Administrator:
- Log out and you will see this:
Header and Footer
You can add things on top and bottom of the view. Let's add the number of items on top of the view.
- Click the Add button in HEADER section and add a Result summary.
With the default settings you see this:
You can also add here more complicated stuff like blocks and views. See examples in the video.
No Results Behavior
- Click the Add button in NO_RESULTS_BEHAVIOR section and add a Global: Text area.
- Write in the content:
No results for the [view:title] view.
- Change the Authored on filter temporarily to +2 days and you will see this:
Let's make the pager a little more compact and edit the labels.
- Set Items per page to 6 and change the labels:
More compact pager:
More link can be used to link this view to a display. More about this in the Displays tutorial.
View so far: